The Madrid Regulated Parking Service includes the possibility of lowering or penalising the base rate according to vehicle emissions.
Whenever you select the amount or parking duration, the app consults the city council’s services to find out the parameters that influence the rate that will be applied to you. The tariffs are linked to the DGT’s classification of vehicles according to their polluting potential, meaning that vehicles that pollute less will pay less.
These parameters are taken into account when you enter the registration number in the parking meter so that, depending on the type and age of your car, you will be charged a different rate.
Reductions and surcharges on the rate are set based on 4 criteria:
- Zero emissions, with a 100% reduction in the fee, i.e. they will be able to park free of charge. Mopeds, tricycles, quadricycles and motorcycles; passenger cars; light vans, vehicles with more than 8 seats and goods vehicles classified in the DGT Vehicle Register, such as battery electric vehicles (BEV), range-extended electric vehicles (REEV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) with a minimum range of 40 kilometres, or fuel cell vehicles. 100% reduction.
- ECO, with a 50% reduction. Passenger cars, light vans, vehicles with more than 8 seats and goods vehicles classified in the Vehicle Register as plug-in electric hybrid vehicles with a range of less than 40 kilometres, non-plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (HEV), vehicles powered by compressed or liquefied natural gas (CNG and LNG) or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) vehicles. In any event, they must meet the C label criteria. 50% reduction
- C, which will pay 10% less. Petrol passenger cars and light vans registered from January 2006 and diesel vehicles from 2014. Petrol and diesel vehicles with more than 8 seats and goods vehicles registered from 2014. Therefore, petrol vehicles must comply with the Euro 4, 5 and 6 standards, and diesel vehicles must comply with the Euro 6 standard. 10% reduction.
- B, which will have no reduction or surcharge. Petrol passenger cars and light vans registered from January 2000 and diesel from January 2006. Petrol and diesel vehicles with more than 8 seats and goods vehicles registered from 2005. Therefore, petrol vehicles must comply with the Euro 3 standard, and diesel vehicles must comply with the Euro 4 and 5 standards. With no reduction or surcharge.
- A: all vehicles not included under the labels above. Surcharge of 25%.
There are also surcharges depending on the occupancy level. The city council system will tell us how much we have to pay, depending on when the payment is made.
Still have questions? Don't worry. Contact us, we'll be more than happy to help.